1. Some general insurance companies like Star Health, Digit Healthcare & ICICI Lombard have introduced a Novel Coronavirus Policy to cover all those who test positive for Covid–19.
2. These policies are available for a limited period—1 year—only and cannot be renewed.
3. These policies are applicable to Indian residents and the other eligibility criteria like age, coverage based on travel history, individual or group are specific to each policy.
4. Sum assured is from Rs 20,000 to Rs 2 lakh with a premium in the range of Rs 200 to Rs 2,500.
5. These policies may offer a quick solution for people who have no health insurance cover at all and would like protection against Covid-19.